Junior karting - an introduction.
- Buckmore Park gives young drivers the chance to race competitively, without the need to own their own kart or safety equipment, though many do move on to owner/driver racing as they progress through the ranks. We have just two priorities, safety and enjoyment. It therefore follows that the first step on the ladder is training.
- The Buckmore Park Kart School has been training champions for many years and can teach your young champion of the future the skills needed to race in our Junior series and beyond. All new drivers must attend one Introductory Lesson at the school before moving up to racing.
- The Buckmore Junior Club offers racing in two groups and two overlapping age brackets. The Rookie Club is for new drivers in their first season of racing while The Junior Club is the top tier and offers both a summer and winter championship for experienced drivers. Both clubs operate in 8-13 and 13-15 year (min 5' hgt) age groups to allow for the vastly different rates of growth at this age. A full results and reports service is offered.
- Live Timing. We have a live timing screen so that family members back at home can watch the race action unfold on their PC. laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Sodi World Series (SWS) The Junior Club races are also qualifying rounds for the Sodi World Series, an international competition to find the best hire kart junior driver in the world. In recent years the Junior Club has produced four world champions (Piers Prior, Andrew Graham, Ben Graham and Matt Luff) as well as a runner up (Luke Battersby).
You can find out more about all of the above by following the links on the left.